Monday, February 7, 2011

Chaos Marines at 1000pts???

Well, before I get to helping Bully with his Logan Wing I might want to put this down while I have it on my mind.

HQ: Deamon Prince with Mark of Nurgle, Wings

HQ: Deamon Prince with Mark of Nurgle, Wings

Troop: 5 chaos marine in a rhino 

Troop: 5 chaos marine in a rhino 

Hvy: Defiler with close combat weapons

Hvy: Defiler with close combat weapons

Hvy: Defiler with close combat weapons

That should be 1000 give or take (friend borrowed my Chaos codex...)

Wow, Chaos actually throws down something I'm afraid of. This list beat down my Blood Mech rather eaisily. How so you ask? What is the target priority against this list?

Shoot the Deamon Prince and eat battle cannons for two turns and then get charged,

Shoot the Defilers, and have Deamon princes running through your lines,

Shoot the troops hiding in the back and watch the Defilers and Deamon princes kill you.

This list capitalized on the fact that most armies can only throw down a few rhinos, some fire support, and no uber death units. The battle cannons can wreak rhinos well enough and fry infantry. Deamon Princes absorb fire increasingly well because most list can only down one a turn. My Bloodmech got torn to pieces by this as even with all my predators I was only killing one prince a turn. This meant I was eating 6-9 Battle cannon templates before I could focus on the Defilers that fleeted and rushed my army. If I shot at the Defilers I then had the princes killing my tanks and I couldnt bring the fire to bear to kill them.

Deathwing makes this list cry but you can't beat everything with the CSM codex.

Well there's that. Time to get over how bad the Super Bowl commercials were this year, seriously peeved.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah thank god my Deathwing are nearly assembled - got a few conversions as well (WIP up soon!)

    This is a crazy list man, I love it though. I'd like to see some guys get out and give it a bash. Triple defiliers? WTF!

    It is literally pick your poison with the BA Mech - I dont know what I'd do :/ Certainly the word "reverse" would be stamped on all my tanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and nice to see your gonna give me a hand \o/ Figures while I make the DW might as well do the easy work of making a Loganwing at the same time - I am guessing I'll need to make little more than 16 PA marines and thats it.

    ReplyDelete